MAKING CALLS FOR MIKE: CHECKLIST
Before you dial:
While you are on the dialer:
- Stay on “READY” whenever possible, to make everyone’s call wait times shorter
- Say “Hello” as soon as you hear the beep--don’t wait for the other person to say “hello” because they already did just before the dialer connected you.
- Take a selfie, post it on social media, and invite your friends to do it with you next time!
- Call or text Matt at 512-695-7576 for support if you are having any issues
After you dial:
- Share a story about your favorite conversation of the night social media with the hashtags: #TX10 and #SiegelForCongress
Frequently asked questions:
- Q: Someone hung up on me before I got a chance to talk to them. How do I log this response?
- A: Log this as ‘Not home – Voicemail – Hung up’ so we can try to talk to them another time. This should be your default response if you are confused about how to log the call.
- Q: Do I leave voicemail messages when I hear an answering machine.
- A: No. When you hear a voicemail, hang up and select ‘Not home – Voicemail – Hung up’.
- Q: I don’t have a laptop. Can I use my tablet?
- A: Some tablets are incompatible with the online calling tool, but please use yours if the other option is having no computer at all.
- Q: Will my phone number show up to the people I am calling
- A: Your phone number is kept private by the online calling tool.
- Q: What happens if someone asks me a question about policy platform that I don’t know about.
- You can look things up on the Issues page of the website while you are on the call, and explain to the voter that you’re a volunteer – while you don’t know everything about Mike’s platform, you know that he’s a representative who listens!
- Q: The person I spoke to was a Mike supporter, but didn’t stay on the phone long enough to make a plan to vote. How should I log this call?
- Log this as a ‘Strong Mike’ if you don’t get a chance to find out the voter’s plan.